The E-Notarization Process
What’s needed to perform an e-notarization:
- High speed internet
- Scanner or scanner app (iPhone: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/genius-scan-pdf-scanner/id377672876?mt=8 Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thegrizzlylabs.geniusscan&hl=en)
- Skype ID (obtain a FREE Skype account atwww.Skype.com)
- GMAIL account (obtain a FREE GMAIL account atgoogle.com/mail/signup)
- Valid identification
- Fill out e-notarization request form
- Upload document(s) for review to shared drive –DO NOT SIGN
- Upload copy of valid identification to shared drive
- Attend Skype conference at scheduled appointment time
- Sign document(s) during Skype conference and re-upload to shared drive
- Document(s) is notarized electronically in accordance with Virginia law VOC § 47.1-2
- Document(s) will be available for print and download on the shared drive for 5 business days
- E-notarizations are billed through PayPal, with payment due before documents are released.
Please be advised that audio-video conference will be recorded in compliance with Virginia law VOC § 47.1-2. The electronic record of an electronic notarial act must be maintained for a period of at least five years from the date the notarial act was performed. You will also be asked to show original identification via webcam for documentation purposes.